New Project Announcement…

Medusa's Lament Cover

Medusa’s Lament Cover

Here’s the cover for my next short story project; should be about 6 pages. I’ve been slow on this because there’s been a potentially very exciting development with one of my other pieces… hopefully I’ll have an update about that later.

I intended to do this in ink wash, but it’s been a struggle to keep the toddler out of it, so I’ve had to compromise my initial plans.

Hey, that’s motherhood for you.    🙂

The Cave Painters pg 8

The final page! Such a fun project, but I’m excited to be starting something completely different now… for which I’ll be uploading a few character development sketches, etc., in the next couple days. I can’t believe how much I’ve learned just in the last few months of working on this, but my next project will be in *gasp* traditional media. I’m breakin’ out the ol’ ink set and brushes and going retro.   😉

New Colors: Boadicca pg 1

Boadicca Header

Boadicca Header

Original Colors for Boadicca pg 1

Original Colors for Boadicca pg 1

New Colors for Boadicca pg 1

New Colors for Boadicca pg 1

I recently (sort of on a whim) decided to revisit this older project and try my hand at some new colors. It’s been six years since it was originally published in Orang-Utan comics’ Faster Than Light anthology, and I’ve learned a lot since then, obviously. My husband is also working on building a site to host my comics/short stories, so I thought it’d be fun to have a ‘new and improved’ version available.